Friday, July 05, 2013

Phew!

Cristofer giving you the thumbs-up!

    Phew!  Classes are done!  And a certain two teachers you know and love are feelin' pretty done too!  We still have two weeks of in-service, but at least things are a leeeetle more laid-back.

    And now that I'm not stressed to the max, I feel like I can really appreciate moments like these.  I actually got to sit and just chat with kids for about a half an hour yesterday between tasks.  And the day before, I got to sit and paint nails with some of the older girls - fun time that I almost never get to indulge in, and, by the way, one of the reasons we decided to STAY THROUGH THE SUMMER.

    That's right.  The decision has been made, and we will be staying here in Shell.  We're hoping this will help round out the "fun side" of our relationship with the kids a bit, as well as save us some cash and buy us some time on policy-writing for the upcoming school year.

No comments: